From the Top Of The Hill

My butt's planted back in Lincoln. The livin' is easy and friends are aplenty. Life is good.

Monday, May 02, 2005

I made it to CA

Well, for those who want to know, the ol' Volvo can do 87 mph while fully loaded and with two bikes on the roof. Ok, so maybe descending the mountain with a 4% grade helped, but it was the fastest speed I reached. I know this because I never got over 85 anywhere on the trip, and... I got pulled over by a state trooper in Nevada. He was nice enough to knock the speed down to 80 so I could avoid a $200 ticket.

California is great. I've spent the past few days in the San Francisco area visiting my friend Scott Berggren. We drank some beers, almost got killed by a crack dealer, I thought I lost Scott over the side of the Golden Gate Bridge and ate a burrito that rivals D'Leon's.

I leave for my new home in Canyon Country tomorrow morning. I plan on traveling down HWY 1 and taking in some scenery. I should post some photos soon.

Take care and keep in touch.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger Cornbread said…

    That's awesome! I'm glad you made it Tony. I knew the Volvo could do it!

    Looks like you had some sweet adventures on the way there. Keep us informed!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home