From the Top Of The Hill

My butt's planted back in Lincoln. The livin' is easy and friends are aplenty. Life is good.

Monday, May 23, 2005

My weekend.

I had a fairly quiet weekend. The biggest news is that I took my CDL written test on Saturday and passed. That's right, folks, I'm gonna be driving a big rig! Or at least the Manitou truck and race trailer. After I took the test I went to Ventura, which is about 30 miles straight west from where I live, to enjoy the beach and escape the heat of the canyons. Had a nice time walking the shore and watching the surfers. I took some photos which you can see here.

On Sunday I went to a morning showing of Star Wars episode III so as to avoid the crowds. It was okay. It was better than the previous two, and tied up everything nicely to lead into the original Star Wars. I didn't get overly excited over this movie, so I guess it didn't let me down. I have friends who loved it and others who hated it. It entertained me and I'll leave it at that.

The big news from today is that I drove the truck for the first time. It was just the cab, without the trailer, but it was still big. And fun! I also put a suspension fork on my single-speed mountain bike. It's the R-Seven, Manitou's new light-weight cross-country fork. Not yet available to the consuming public. It is STIFF! Racer-boy may still whine for a lock-out lever, but I really like the SPV. I'll hopefully soon get a picture to show you all.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on the license Tony. Looks like your enjoying yourself. Not much going on around here. riding and what not. chillin, mowing, drinking, chillin some more. have a good one. don't go gettin your ass kicked by some guy in a bananna hamock...3p0

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Cornbread said…

    Congrats Tony! So when are you coming back to Lincoln?

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger Tony T said…

    Well, it originally looked like Clarke and I might get to spend a couple of days in Lincoln around the 4th of July, after the Worlds event in Mt.St.Anne. But I'm going to have to fly from their back to Cali to help another guy drive to New Mexico to work the Worlds at Angel Fire. So no Tony, but Clarke might still show up for a day. Our schedule is pretty tight this summer.

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Tony T said…

    80 and 100mm travel offered, not changeable between the two. 2.9lb target weight on the 80. Note the word target. They really don't seem down with the 29er stuff. It is super stiff. When you grab the lowers when not connected to the stanchions and try to flex them, they barely move. Comparing it to the Skareb or a SID is like night and day. The lowers are oval shaped which gives them their rigidity. Like the internal shaping of a Thomson seatpost.

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Cornbread said…

    You gotta get those fools on the 29er bandwagon. As Howard Hughes once said, "It's the wave of the future. It's the wave of the future. It's the wave of the future. It's the wave of the future. It's the wave of the future. It's the wave of the future. It's the wave of the future. It's the wave of the future. It's the wave of the future. It's the wave of the future. It's the wave of the future. It's the wave of the future. It's the wave of the future. It's the wave of the future."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home