From the Top Of The Hill

My butt's planted back in Lincoln. The livin' is easy and friends are aplenty. Life is good.

Friday, June 10, 2005

Stating the Obvious

I'm driving to work this morning and while I'm stopped at a light I glanced over to see a bumper sticker on the rear of a police cruiser. It read, "Don't Abandon Your Baby." Um, thanks for those words of wisdom. Do we really need to remind people to do this? This sort of goes beyond the helpful reminders of "Buckle Up" or "Give 'em a Brake." Has this really helped anyone? I can just imagine some frazzled mother, running late to work, applying her makeup in her rear-view mirror, going over all of her days tasks, glancing at the bumper sticker and going, "SHIT! I forgot the kid in the driveway!" I mean, really. And let's take a second to think about the people who actually do leave their kids unattended at home, in a car or permanently in a dumpster. Is this sticker really going to help them?

All I can do is shake my head, roll my eyes and grin.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger Blogstyle said…

    My favorite,
    "If you can read this, you weren't aborted. Now go thank your mom."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home