From the Top Of The Hill

My butt's planted back in Lincoln. The livin' is easy and friends are aplenty. Life is good.

Friday, July 08, 2005

Crater!


What is it with me and big holes in the ground? First the Asbestos Mine, then the Grand Canyon, now this. The visitor center said it was a meteor crater. I think the Arizona tourism board dug it and just call it a crater so they can charge $12 for people to see it. This crater is 3/4 of a mile across, 2 and 1/4 miles around and 550 feet deep. The meteor that caused it is estimated to have been 150ft in diameter.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger Blogstyle said…

    I think your deal w/ holes in the ground is that you just need to get laid.

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Cornbread said…

    Nice hole.

    I'd pay to see it. And the get pissed I paid $12.

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    God hates the desert.

    sam

     

Post a Comment

<< Home