From the Top Of The Hill

My butt's planted back in Lincoln. The livin' is easy and friends are aplenty. Life is good.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Surrounded by Mormons

So, I'm stuck in Salt Lake City.

I left Omaha yesterday afternoon, got to my home in California at 11:30pm, was back on a plane for SLC at 9:30am this morning. Clarke, my partner, in en route to pick me up, but since he was held up at the Canadian border all weekend he's a little behind schedule. I've been sitting around waiting for him for seven hours. He just called and it's going to be at least another hour and a half.

Bored bored bored bored...

Thank goodness for free airport hotel shuttles and free wi-fi access in hotel lobbies. Yeah, I'm a loitering mooch, but there's a restaurant and a bar at this hotel, which is a lot better than the SLC airport. The pool is looking awfully inviting, too. Hmmm... I wonder if I can talk one of the desk girls into swim break with me?

I saw a bunch of my old friends and roomies back in Lincoln on Sunday. Good to see everyone. It's nice coming back to familiar faces, I'm worried about the day when I come back and the faces have all changed. It's going to happen sooner than expect, I fear. I just hope we can all stay in contact. This tech-no-tronic, info-spreadin', boggin' world of ours certainly makes it easier.

I'm hoping to make it back to Lincoln next weekend (not the one coming up.) Chill some tall-boys for me at the mansion, I'm buying first round at the bar!

5 Comments:

  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger cvo said…

    Tony, it was good to see you this weekend,

    I know what you mean about all the faces changing,

    Case in point. I walk into Cycle works nowadays, and it's hard to recognize anyone, new sales people come up to me and ask me if I need anything, super nice, but kinda wierd...

    You'll always have a few faces around here that never change.
    I'm hear for the duration. and I think there are some others out there that are in the same boat.
    Not that we're stuck here.

    but we chose to stay here cuz it's cool and we've got cool buddies to hang with.

    keep in touch,
    and keep telling us stories about the road my man.

    have a good day,
    and don't go gettin sucked into anything while your in Salt Lake..

    beware of "Elder"

    3p0

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger Cornbread said…

    Doh, I'm gonna be out of town next weekend for the Laramie Enduro. So I'm gonna miss you. You should crash in my room when I'm gone. I've got AC.

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tony, don't you love me anymore? Call me when you're in town, I need a bachelor party!

    sam

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Blogger Tony T said…

    Booze, Babes and Tony!!! You can count on me. I'm not sure when I'll be in Lincoln yet, I'm thinking Friday night. Sam, will you be around, we need to do it up right. Call me, or I'll call you. Or whatever.

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Friday today? Or Friday the 29th? I'll be here, you call me!!


    B: ooze, abes, achelor party

    sam

     

Post a Comment

<< Home