From the Top Of The Hill

My butt's planted back in Lincoln. The livin' is easy and friends are aplenty. Life is good.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

South of the Great White North

Well, we made it out of Canada. It only took us 2 hours at the border. It's weird how we ask officials what we need to do to cross the border. We dot all our "i's" and cross all our "t's", and we still get people giving us flak. It's like they don't know what to do with a truck that isn't delivering or picking up freight.

"You have seven bikes in that trailer?"
"Yup."
"In that big trailer, only seven bikes?"
"Yes, sir."
"And you didn't have more or sell any up in Canada?"
"No, sir."
"I don't know about that..."

We then show all our paper work which proves what we are saying. Then the next guy at the giant X-ray machine makes a comment that shouldn't have to go through all that. ???? Oh well, we're done with Canada for the year.

I did get to ride Whistler on Monday. WOW!!! I never would've thought I could ride gnarly terrain like that. I kept wanting to faster and bigger. Hmm... I wonder what my next bike will be?

Curretly, I'm in Spokane, WA. Staying at Motel 8. Guess what? Free, reliable, wireless internet.

I'm posting a few photos from the Slope Style competition at Crankworx. Really crazy tricks. Sorry the photos aren't the greatest, but even at the base of the mountain I was still fairly far away from everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home