From the Top Of The Hill

My butt's planted back in Lincoln. The livin' is easy and friends are aplenty. Life is good.

Monday, October 24, 2005


Lesson learned from this trip? Mobile phones don't like hot tubs. Yup, I pulled a CVO and jumped in with my phone in my pocket. Took me at least 20 minutes before I remembered it was in my pocket. This presented us with our second disaster: how to get a hold of Scott. He was flying in to LA Friday morning, renting a car and then calling us to get directions to our campground. He only had my phone number, and we only had his number on my phone. My very wet and non-functioning phone. Somehow through the use of a pre-paid cell phone, a pay phone, a calling card, a bunch of expensive credit card calls, RockD at Cycle Works, a secretary at an architecture firm and Scott's dad we were able to contact Scott and all was well. Oh yeah, the phone dried out two days later and miraculously started working again. Technology is amazing!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger cvo said…

    when you open that fucker up, (remove the battery) you'll notice a little white strip,, your's now will be red, if you put white out on it and take your phone in, you may be able to get a new one.

    glad it started working again.

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger Cornbread said…

    Kill Your Phone!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home