From the Top Of The Hill

My butt's planted back in Lincoln. The livin' is easy and friends are aplenty. Life is good.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

LA Story

Well, it's been a week since I've posted. I'd like to tell everyone about all the exciting things I've done or all the celebrities I've spotted. In actuality, I've done very little.
The first thing I did was find a new coffee shop to hang out in (or loiter, depending on your viewpoint.) I asked around and actually found a place, Java & Jazz, that is friendly, cozy and most importantly, NOT a Starbucks. Well, I've been everyday since. They already know my name and I've been welcomed by the regulars. It ain't no Coffee House, but it'll do.
I've been down to LA to see my friend Mark, his wife Anne and their son Ian twice. Last night I went with Mark to an entertainment networking event called Nebraska Coast Connection. If you can't guess, it's for Nebraskans living in LA. The lead animator for South Park spoke, he's from Holdrege. Kinda cool.
Work has been going well. I've torn apart a bunch of forks. Some cool stuff. I'd tell you about it, but then I'd hafta... well, I'd at least poke you in the eyes. I'm studying up to take my CDL permit test. I'll be behind the wheel of one big ol' truck pretty soon.
The event season is going to kick off in about a month for us. It's going to be pretty crazy. A couple events in Canada, possibly a lengthy stay in Vancouver. 10 days in Wisconsin. Mammoth Mountain, Mount Snow in Vermont, maybe even Italy.
I hope to have more pictures up soon. There really hasn't been much to take pictures of. Yeah, there are mountains here, but they have no trees, just brown vegetation. And the only thing to see where I live are strip malls. Wheee!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    strip malls rule dude,
    nice new azzfault, mmmm
    does everything look like an amigo's?

    well, sounds like your having a decent time dude,

    good to hear from you, stay in touch,
    see ya dude,
    3p0

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger Cornbread said…

    Sounds like fun. Vancouver and Italy would be a lot of fun. I'm sure a lot of Italian women would love to say they hooked up with a Nebraskan. Good luck.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home