From the Top Of The Hill

My butt's planted back in Lincoln. The livin' is easy and friends are aplenty. Life is good.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Cracker!

My favorite band, Cracker, played in Lincoln at Knickerbocker's last night. Kimber and I went and had a great time. The last time I saw Cracker in Lincoln was in 1998 at Guitars and Cadillacs. That show was horribly promoted and maybe 50 people showed up in a venue that could probably hold 1,000. David Lowery opened that show by saying, "Welcome to Cracker's first, last and only show in Lincoln." Well, a few years later and being cut from Virgin records and they're back. The band's bassist was MIA due to a death in the family, so some songs were played sans bass and David took over 4-string duties on others. They took a few requests. I yelled out one of my favorites, "Been Around the World," a few times. I didn't expect them to play it, but they ended the encore and closed the show with it. I don't know if I influenced them or not, but I was happy to hear it. I also discoverd that cel phones make good tools for recording set-lists during a show.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dude, Cracker is playing in Vegas this week.....

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great pic T. Glad I could share it with you! :o*

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Thew said…

    Goddammit, I'm in Houston and missed this.

    'Low' was one of the best songs of that era, after all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home