From the Top Of The Hill

My butt's planted back in Lincoln. The livin' is easy and friends are aplenty. Life is good.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Midnite Ridazz! Take Two.

Well, last night was another Midnight Ride. Took me friend Pete from work this time. This ride has been growing larger and larger. It's a lot of fun, but I'm fearing it's nearing the breaking point. I don't know how much longer it will last, so I'm just glad I've been able to experience it. Last time they had a record 322 riders. Last night the head-count totaled 620! You have no idea how cool it is to be riding through the streets with that many people, cyclists filling one or two lanes of traffic, stretching for blocks, as far as you can see. Reaction to the ride is mostly good, lots of honking and waving, but a few people get annoyed. There were a few tense moments last night, some guy got upset that somebody touched his truck and jumped out of it for a confrontation. That took some serious balls. I know we're just a bunch of goofy cyclists, but he was out-numbered 600 to 1. There also was a situation at an intersection with a police cruiser. I don't know exactly what happened, but the group got split up. At the end of the ride was big party at one of Todd's co-worker's place. It was a bunch of fun, but you know it's time to go when you fall asleep standing up watching a band play. Proving that I truly can sleep anywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home