From the Top Of The Hill

My butt's planted back in Lincoln. The livin' is easy and friends are aplenty. Life is good.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Off to Europe

Well, an apology to all the faithful followers of my humble blog. I'm continually amazed at the number of people that are checking in on me and my travels. I had a stranger come up to me in a bar in Mt.Snow and tell me he enjoys my blog. Crazy. I'm just this guy, you know? Anyway, the internet apparently doesn't exist in Vermont, which explains why you haven't heard from me in a while. And I'm not taking my computer to Europe with me so it could be awhile before I post again. I'll try to find internet cafes, but there won't be any photos until I get back.

Well, the honeymoon is over. The novelty of my job has worn off. I'm still having a great time and enjoying what I'm doing and couldn't imagine doing anything else right now, but the newness of everything has worn off and the grind of life on the road is weighing down on me. For example, I slept through our drive in Vermont. This is some beautiful country, but it's sort of like "been here, done that" I sometimes feel like I'm in the movie Groundhog Day, without the annoying Sonny and Cher song.

I am really excited to be going to Italy and Scotland. I really don't know what to expect, but just being in Europe is going to be a blast. It's been over seven years since I was last over there, and I never imagined it would take me so long to get back.

Hang tight and hopefully I'll have exciting stories from Europe posted here real soon.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger cvo said…

    Tony I know exatly what you mean, . I'll be walking down the street and someone I don't know will be like hey, 3p0, nice blog.

    it's weird but I do like it.

    I've missed your post latley. I check you blog every day just to see some new pics of where your at or what your up to.

    shit dude, I miss ya.

    have fun in europe, take lots of pics and blow it up when you get to a computer.

    drive safe, and tell Clark helo for us in the sign shop.

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger Cornbread said…

    Have fun TT! Be careful at customs. They don't like concealed weapons (pink stiletto).

     
  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger samsam said…

    No grindage allowed. When you get back you can overhaul my quadra 10, since you are now the suspension expert. just kidding, I don't have a quadra 10, but nobody's askin you if they can be fixed, and then you don't have to tell them that there isn't anything that will work well with their bike, when actually, something that moves would be just fine for them, but it's too expensive, and then you should install it for free, cause if the fork is $259 obviously the shop is making at least $200, and you want $50 to install it?

    Plus we know you're getting boatloads of pussy since you drive that big truck!

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Blogstyle said…

    His boatload of pussy got wrecked in the gulf of Mexico so he didn't get it in time for his euro trip.

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger scott showen said…

    make sure you drink some good beer over there, and if it stings when you pee, call a doctor.

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger Thew said…

    I shall hang high the $10 Italian flag I bought at Canfields in Omaha today in your honor, sir.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home