From the Top Of The Hill

My butt's planted back in Lincoln. The livin' is easy and friends are aplenty. Life is good.

Monday, May 01, 2006

I used to hate this kid.

When Matt Petersen started working at Cycle Works a few years ago, I couldn't stand him. First off, he was a sales-monkey. For those who are unfamiliar with the delicate social structure of the typical bike shop, the salesman is the cobra to the mechanic's mongoose. Riki-Tiki-Tavi.

This kid was arrogant and said some really, really stupid things. But a strange thing occurred while I took my California sabbatical, Matt got cool. My friends back at the shop told me how he had become the funniest guy there. I didn't believe them. But now that I've been back I've discovered that he is the coolest sales-monkey. Now that Zach is back at the Works, he has regained his rightful title of "Funniest Mo-Fo."

This picture is of Matt on his 22nd birthday bar crawl from last Thursday. This was pretty early in the evening and he was already well into it. Zach and I left Matt to celebrate with his classmates and Zach proceeded to get me drunker than I've been in a long time. If you ever go drinking with Zach, take note that you do so at your own risk.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home