From the Top Of The Hill

My butt's planted back in Lincoln. The livin' is easy and friends are aplenty. Life is good.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

State Fair!! (part 2)

Here we see Kimber getting ready to enjoy her shrimp on a stick. Pretty much like a deep-fat fried kabob. Hmmm... I don't recall seeing any Kabab stands at the fair. They use a stick, what's up with those Carnies?



Fried peaches on a stick. Didn't try that one but was told it tasted like peach pie. I'll have to give it a go next year.



I had heard about Cheese on a stick, but wasn't quite sure what that would be like. Kimber and I decided to split one. The breading makes it look like a corndog, but the center is all Velveta-y cheese. Tasted an awful lot like a grilled cheese sandwich. It would've been better if you could choose your cheese variety. "Yes, I'll have the fried brie on a stick with a medium merlot--no ice please."



I'm not familiar with the Husker Indian tribe. Does anyone know where their reservation is located?


When I was in Scotland last summer the locals were bragging about their love of fried foods and that you can get pretty much anything deep-fat fried, including candy bars. I didn't try one but saw them being served in plastic baskets on wax paper and being consumed with utensils. Yeah, well leave it to good ol' American ingenuity to add "THE STICK!"



One vendor was selling Coke-on-a-stick and being parched from all that stick-y food I decided to quench my thirst. Well, what sounded good in theory didn't work so well in execution. All I ended up getting was sticky.

We ended our food-on-a-stick consumption with a pickle-on-a-stick. Unfortunately my camera ran out of battery juice and I failed to document it. You'll have to take my word for it, it was tasty.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I absolutely love this picture of you! Makes me just want to reach out and give you a big ole' hug. ;o)

     
  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger Sarah J said…

    Hi Tony! Is that Kimber's Campy shirt or yours?
    Just wondering how into bikes she is/was before she met you.
    Hope you're doing well!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home