From the Top Of The Hill

My butt's planted back in Lincoln. The livin' is easy and friends are aplenty. Life is good.

Monday, September 05, 2005

Grappa Grappa Grappa

Oh, what fun I had in Livigno. The World Championships were the fucking shit. Sorry for the language, but I can't sum it up any more succinctly. I've a ton of pictures to post, but that will have to wait for another week or two. This post will have to do for now.

I spent much of the time in a crazy language blur. We had a kid working for Manitou Europe who spoke Swiss and German, but little English, and a really cool guy from Italy (former Italian moto-cross champ) who spoke no English. Somehow we found a way to drink too much Grappa together. Ohhh the Grappa. If you're not familiar, it's a drink Italians cunningly serve unsuspecting foreigners to get them way too drunk.

The race was fantastic. They had helicopters and cameras all over the course so you could watch the all the races on a jumbotron. Excluding the Euro House music, it was really cool.

And the Alps. WOW!!! I've seen more than a few mountain ranges, but nothing compares to the Alps so far. I have a few more continents to hit...

What else to say?... One of our riders, Sabrina Jonnier got second in the women's downhill. It was great but heartbreaking because she lost to (M)An-Caroline by .34 seconds. Granted, Chausson fell on her run, but still...

I'm off to Scotland next. I'll be on the lookout for any lake-dwelling, kilt-wearing monsters.

Ciao,
Tony

1 Comments:

  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Blogstyle said…

    Grappa is some dangerous shit. Maggie made me drink an excessive amount of it at a party last year. She put it in shot glasses, but apparently yer not supposed to take seven shots of it. I couldn't talk or move after that so I had to turn on the autopilot to get home.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home