From the Top Of The Hill

My butt's planted back in Lincoln. The livin' is easy and friends are aplenty. Life is good.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

One for the thumb...


The Pittsburgh Steelers won Super Bowl Extra-Large. They tie the record for Super Bowl wins at 5 with the 49'ers and the Cowboys. All five wins have come in my lifetime. My dad is a Steeler's fan and I've been one too for as long as I can remember. I remember being a little tyke and rooting for "Fwanco Hawis" and Mean Joe Green. But I don't remember them ever winning the big one. I remember "one for the thumb in 81," and them losing that game. Well their thumbs are no longer naked. Way to go boys. The bus tour is finally over. I've been grinning all night long.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger cvo said…

    cowboys to win in 07

    thus taking the lead

    as it should be

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Endurosnob said…

    Big Ben still hasn't made it into the end zone.

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good to hear you have good taste in football! I too am a Steelers fan and did a happy dance when we took it all last Super Bowl. I am sad that we lost the bus, he's going to be missed.

    K

     

Post a Comment

<< Home