From the Top Of The Hill

My butt's planted back in Lincoln. The livin' is easy and friends are aplenty. Life is good.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Roll Out the Barrel






















Stopped in Hastings one day for lunch and to refuel the truck. Saw some bicycles outside a bar called the "Beer Barrel Bar." With a name like that you know you can't go wrong.

Inside I was treated to a decor that was both retro and kitchy without being too campy. It was highlighted by the groovy painting of the large-eyed, crying girl. Story goes it was painted by an unknown student at the college in Hastings. The only detractions were the two walls dedicated to Husker football paintings.

The other photo shows my lunchmates, a group of hard-core partiers--er, I mean a highly respected group represting Nebraska's Air National Guard.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dude! you're still alive! the barrel bar is rad. my dad used to take me there back in the days of weekend visitation. he could go on a bender, i could play the jukebox. good times.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home