From the Top Of The Hill

My butt's planted back in Lincoln. The livin' is easy and friends are aplenty. Life is good.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

BOBKE!


Tonight Clarke and I had to drive to Ventura to a Trek store opening to see Bob Roll speak. Ok, we had to display all the new Manitou forks too, but seeing ol' Bobke was an enjoyable surprise. I learned some interesting things from Mr.Roll. He says "Tour DAY France" simply to piss off the French. And Lance is so angry about the whole positive test sample scandal that he MIGHT come back to win an eighth tour--simply to piss of the French. And lastly, I learned that Phil Liggett is drunkard and that Bob shaved his mutton-chops to appease the TV producers.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Cornbread said…

    That's awesome.

    I always suspected Phil was a drunk. Did Sam ever tell you about his conversation with Bobke at the Trek expo?

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Tony T said…

    I didn't, or if he told me, I was too drunk to remember.

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger cvo said…

    I'm very surprised Bob didn't just look at the tv producer and be like,

    dude,
    i'll take you out back and throttle ya, now back off
    the chops stay.

    get me a bottle
    and some of those scratch card thingys....


    jump boy.

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger NNs said…

    tony, what up brother. how is life on the road? yeah. well. later.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home