From the Top Of The Hill

My butt's planted back in Lincoln. The livin' is easy and friends are aplenty. Life is good.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I went on BRAN!!!

Ok, RAGBRAI it ain't. No beer tents. No bands. A fraction of the size. WAY more conservative. But FUN none-the-less! And I must say, Nebraska has far more hills and picturesque countryside than you may think. Granted, there's still a whole heckofa lot of flat, cropland out there too.

Along the way I met some really cool folks who I hung out with in the evenings. The picture here shows Ron, architect and Groove Puppet drummer, along with Gloria, fancy-pants cancer research scientist, enjoying some cool beverages in the evening. I apologize to both of them for the less than flattering photo, but in their defense they did ride 80+miles in 90+ heat and near constant headwinds. I had it relatively easy in the air-conditioned truck.

I worked support for the last half of BRAN. I started in Cambridge, camped in Minden and Geneva and ended in Tecumsah.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger mw said…

    i love the two years i helped with support with bootch. great fun. got .5 a day of riding each day. i was amazed how beautiful nw ne can be.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home