From the Top Of The Hill

My butt's planted back in Lincoln. The livin' is easy and friends are aplenty. Life is good.

Monday, September 25, 2006

The new HuskerVision video board is insanely huge. That whole thing is a video screen, even the side parts with scores, stats and ads. It's over 115 feet wide. I heard that it's currently the 3rd largest video screen in the world. The U. of Texas has the largest, of course. Just how big is it? I was in my car at the corner of 11th and South streets, over 1.5 miles directly south of the stadium and I could clearly watch replays on it. Even more crazy, it's HDTV ready but not yet displaying an HDTV image (they have to buy new cameras) so it will get even clearer.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    all the way from 11th and South. holy shit. that's a big tv.

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My mistake. It was 11th and A street. But it still works out to about 1.5 miles away. -tony

     

Post a Comment

<< Home