From the Top Of The Hill

My butt's planted back in Lincoln. The livin' is easy and friends are aplenty. Life is good.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Raider Fan and Sesquimillennial Mileage

I promised a photo from the Raiders game I went to. Here I'm posing with Raider Fett. He stood in front of our section the whole game encouraging the Raider fans to be crazy. Not that they needed much prodding. The massive amounts of very expensive beer they were all consuming seemed to fuel their demonstrative rage they call "fan support". My suspicion is that Mr. Raider Fett was in fact a real bounty hunter. Think about it. If you're hunting for criminals on the lam, what better place to look for them than at an Oakland Raiders game?

The Denver Broncos played (and defeated) the Raiders at the game I attended. Going in I wondered if I would see anyone idiotic enough to wear Denver paraphernalia at a Raiders game. I ended sitting near not one but two such foolish individuals. One guy was rather vocal about his support of the Broncos, even getting into playful but sometimes borderline-violent arguments with the spectators around him. This lasted until a pair of polite, shirtless and heavily tattooed (with Raiders insignias!) gentleman "politely" told the guy to "shut-up or else." The other person was dressed up as John Elway. Not just a jersey but pants AND pads. did I mention he was well into 50's? This guy wasn't very vocal but a HUGE target of verbal abuse. It culminated with some Raider fan giving Mr.Elway a complimentary cup of beer. I'm pretty sure his gift wasn't all ale, and I hope he didn't drink it. When I wasn't being entertained by the zoo of humanity surrounding me I managed to catch a few plays of my first NFL game.

This picture is for my friend Butch, who I bought my car from. Check out what the Brown Turd rolled just recently. I figure for a Volvo the engine should just about be broken in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home